Woah. Summer is almost over. I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that I start my last year of college in a week. This summer has felt really long but at the same time flew by, especially August. After moving into my apartment the first week of August the rest of the month has been filled with my internship and birthday celebrations.
Finishing my internship was surprisingly saddening. I loved going into the basilica and everything that I learned; I really didn't want to leave. I also was extremely lucky in having an amazing boss, and I have very high hopes for all of my future bosses and coworkers! I ended my final day at the basilica with a lunch with my boss and the other intern. We went to Barrio and it was delicious. Seeing all of the young professionals out for lunch on Nicolett Mall made me seriously consider coming back to the cities after graduation.
I also got to go out on the water one final time this summer. We went to Stillwater and rented a pontoon on St. Croix for my grandpa's 70th bday. It was great to spend the afternoon relaxing and floating down the river. The next day was filled with 2 more birthday celebrations. I also got to see a "gender reveal cake cut" which was a lot of fun.
My final weekend of summer was spent with my best friend celebrating her birthday and partying at Ribfest. We watched 21 and over, which might be one of my favorite movies ever, on Friday night. Saturday was Ribfest; an entire day sitting outside, drinking, listening to music, and talking to friends. This was one of my favorite years of Ribfest, even though I don't remember much of it! I also was in charge of judging (which I found out at the last second). It was extremely hectic and crazy, but now I am better prepared for next year if I am home.
Now I have 2 days to pack and then we leave for Milwaukee and Chicago. My goal for the next two days is to go mini golfing, go out to dinner with my grams, see all of my friends, pack and clean my room, and spend as much time as possible with my nephew. Fingers crossed I can fit it all in.
No comments:
Post a Comment