This weekend I got to hear 11 different artists and 3 separate concerts. This has been such a great weekend filled with music and lot of fun.
Friday night was the Kenny Chesney No Shoes Nation Tour at Target Field. Opening for him was Zach Brown Band, Eli Young Band, and Kasey Musgraves. This was one of my favorite concerts I have ever been to. The concert broke the attendance record at Target Field with 43,940 people attending. Being right in the front (row 11!) I was able to see all of the people and I am not even sure how to describe it. The stadium was packed and full of energy and noise! It was also cool being at a concert with such a wide variety of people. I saw people as young as 9 or 10 and as old as 90-something! All 4 acts were amazing and so much fun. I was very clear why Kenny Chesney has won Performer of the Year so many times, he puts on an absolutely fantastic show. Overall it was a great night that was hard to be topped!
Saturday was the Basilica Block Party. The bands I was able to hear was Bomba de Luz, Van Stee, On An On, Walk the Moon, Goo Goo Dolls, and Matchbox 20. For the majority of the time I was working at the Basilica Landmark tent handing out stickers that I designed and running a twitter contest to raise our social media awareness and participation. It was a lot of fun, and seeing so many people love the stickers was really exciting. I also designed the volunteer t-shirts and had multiple people ask if they could buy a shirt from me! It was great to have such a positive response to my designs and creative ideas. Not too long into the block party we were all out of stickers and even gave away all of our extra shirts. The rest of the time I was able to walk around and listen to some amazing music. Being my first year at the Block Party it was really exciting and way bigger/better than I had expected.
I ended my weekend of music with a concert by the Imagination Movers. LOL. They performed at the Basilica's Move and Groove Family Fest. I first got to hear them warm up and do their sound checks as I was preparing the concert area of the event. Even though I am not a huge IM fan, I did really enjoy working the event. My day consisted of sitting in a bounce house and helping kids go down the slide. I always love working w/ kids, so it was a great day. The only low point would be when the Imagination Movers covered What Makes You Beautiful. They really don't come close to living up to 1D. But otherwise the event was a lot of fun. I definitely wished I were one of the little kids that got to attend and do all of the fun things there.
The weekend ended with a great dinner at my grandmas. I had not seen my nephew in a while so I got to hang out with him. We also played a game of Annie Annie Over, which is always fun, especially since I won. Sunday night dinners with my whole family is always a great way to end the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment