Although it completely goes against my astrological sign, for some reason I love to give out second chances... and third and forth and fifth chances. This is one of the biggest things about myself that I want to change. Instead of realizing that maybe somebody shouldn't be in my life, I continue giving them second chances, knowing that I am just going to end up hurt. For some reason I would rather live in ignorant bliss and consistently get my feelings hurt than cut someone out of my life.
The hardest part is when these chances are going to a close friend. I think that a best friend obviously deserves a second chance for whatever they did, but I have a hard time deciding how many second chances they deserve before I realize that they are not much of a friend anymore. This summer has showed my that my weakness is always giving people the benefit of the doubt. No matter how upset or frustrated I am, I always eventually cave and give people another chance. And I always end up disappointed.
Now that I understand that second chances are not always a good thing, I want to gain a little more gumption. I want to be able to realize when someone maybe shouldn't be in my life, and be willing to accept it. I want to experience the pain of losing somebody for good over the pain of being perpetually disappointed. I want the courage to tell somebody no. I want to forgive and forget, and move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment