As nice as it is to be home this summer, I absolutely cannot wait to go back to Chicago for the sole reason that I will be reunited with my friends. I was reminded of this today when I received what I believe is the best postcard to ever exist from one of my friends in Spain. Being home for the summer made me realize how different college friendships are compared to high school. As much as I love and appreciate all of my friends from high school, I feel like there is a different type of bond with my friends from college. This is really weird because I feel like we are friends due to coincidence, and not because we all have a ton in common. Maybe that is why we get along so well, we are all very different...?
Anyways I hope all my Chicago friends are having fabulous summers. Being that some of them are in Spain, Italy, and California, I am sure they are! I have a lot of fun things to look forward to this summer (Chesney concert, BBP, going up north, and ribfest!) but I am most looking forward to being reunited with my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment